Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 - MW3 - PC Review

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 (MW3) is the latest of the hugely successful series.

A common complaint is that it is exactly like the last couple of Modern Warfare.

I can't disagree. It really is. The thing is, that model works - and it works very well. So it is an awesome game, with the same problem it always had - it is mostly on rails.

That is, you have a nearly exact sequence of actions that you are expected to follow. There aren't half a dozen radically ways you can complete your objectives, as there was, for example, in Far Cry or Crysis (1, definitely not 2).

That can be good or bad, of course. Personally I'd really prefer it, but that is not to say that I didn't enjoy MW3. On the contrary, it is very good, and I like not only the regular campaign, but also the Special Ops missions.

My sole complaint so far is that - again - several of the Special Ops missions require two players. I'm really not into multiplayer, and thus this is a big annoyance for me.

And one major plus - the game starts impressively fast. I can get to the menu in about 3 seconds!

I'll update this as I play more.

PS: Every single time I see MW3 I think MechWarrior :-)

Update: I have now finished the main campaign, in about 5 hours. I'd say it is too short, except for the additional play time of the Special Ops.

Overall, very good and I really liked the "rail" plane sequences where you shoot tanks and other enemies. Pretty cool how some buildings would take damage from the fire. The stealth sequences were nice, as usual.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review