Search System with The Bat! Support

Archivarius is a search system (like Google Desktop or Copernic Desktop Search), but it supports many formats, including The Bat's mail files.

I didn't try it (and it's NOT free), but that is interesting.

There is also a plug-in for Google Desktop elsewhere, but I use Copernic, myself.
The Bat support is almost enough to make me try it again, but not enough. The first version was pretty bad - locking up and wasting resources - and it seems that the options to choose what you want to scan are still shaped presuming you want to scan all your drives, instead of just a few folders, which is what I do.

Both options are very easy on Copernic Desktop Search. The only options I'm missing is one to index filenames only - useful for folders with large files you don't want fully indexed but where filenames would be useful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Fixed] Just Cause 3 Mouse offset

Solved - You have an incorrect version of driver "vmx86.sys" - VMWare Workstation 8

Elon Musk: How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is shaping our Future - Book Review